Tryout - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for Tryouts?
* A Registration link is located on the Tryout Page of our website. Please see the Age Definitions to determine which Age Group to register for.
When Should I arrive?
* Players should arrive 20-30 minutes early prior to tryout time to check-in. We will measure height, reach and vertical BEFORE tryouts begin.
What do I bring?
* Players should wear volleyball attire including t-shirt, shorts, knee pads, and athletic shoes. Players should bring a water bottle with plenty of water.
What is involved in the Tryout process?
* Players will be evaluated by their top two position selections from registration through various position drills. Players will then be placed in game situations to evaluate their leadership, competitiveness, and how they work with other players on the court. Game play is very important to us at CTX Juniors so we will spend a lot of time in game type situations.
When will I know if I made a team?
* Players will be notified of their status shortly after Tryouts for your age are completed. You will then have two hours to decide to accept or deny the offer presented. If you choose to accept, you must confirm your spot by registering your athlete and making the non-refundable deposit. If we do not hear back within the two hours or the commitment fee isn't paid, the position will be given to another player.
* For any players that our coaching staff is undecided as to which team they should be placed on and want to see them again, they may be asked to return for a second look tryout session.
* For players that are not offered a position on a team after the initial tryout, they will be placed on an Alternate status. This may occur if we don’t have the number of players to fill an additional team or maybe too many of a particular position on a team. We will hold a Supplemental tryout at some point after our initial tryout date to fill open positions in an effort to place an Alternate on a team.
How do I confirm my spot on a team?
* A player’s position on a team will be confirmed with their initial non-refundable deposit. The deposit must be made within the designated amount of time of being offered a position on a team. If the deposit is not made within the designated time, their position may be offered to the next player in line.
What if I can't make the Tryout date?
* Your best option is to attend the actual tryout. This way we can evaluate your performance alongside others in your age group and make decisions in real time. However, we understand that sometimes things come up, so we have other options for you:
Attend our Early Supplemental Tryout on June 22nd
This is your best option if you can not make tryouts. Athletes will be evaluated on all volleyball skills along with your top 2 positions selected. The coaches will take notes to have on hand to revert back to while tryouts are going on. This way you are included in the team decision making along with the athletes at the actual tryouts. You will not be informed of what team you make until after tryouts are held.
Attend a supplemental tryout session AFTER tryouts
We will host supplemental tryouts later in the Summer and Fall depending on how many players/positions we need to fill certain teams. We cannot guarantee there will be a position available for the team you want. We will contact you individually to let you know which team you've made shortly after.
Schedule a private evaluation BEFORE/AFTER tryouts
Athlete will be evaluated on all volleyball skills, similar to a private lesson. The best option here to schedule one before tryouts. Again, if you schedule after our tryouts we cannot guarantee there will be a position available for the team you want. We will contact you shortly after to let you know which team you've made.
When are practices?
*Our Elite(National) teams will practice 3 days a week through February and then will go to 2 days a week. They will have a Position Training practice and two team practices(specific days and times tbd). Our Regional teams will practice 2 days a week.
Is SAQ included?
*All of our teams will have a SAQ component to their practices. Elite teams will have SAQ 2 times per week through February. Regional teams will have SAQ 1 time per week through February.
What are the club fees?
*Click here for 2022-23 club fee.